Sunday, September 9, 2018

9/9/18 "Consider The Child"

9/9/18


5 Minutes of Focus 

"Consider The Child"


Abraham put both Hagar and Ishmael (the son they had together) out the house, he sent them packing...Later in the text: Hagar is found perplexed, not wanting to watch her son die, but Ishmael (her son) was found crying.

Everything going on had taken a toll on his emotions and so he was crying.

Genesis 21:8-21 NIV

Parents, you're wrong, if you think all that drama surrounding you and your children's father or you and  your children's mother...You're wrong, if you think all that drama is not affecting your children.

Children internalize pain, they take in their surroundings fully...Every negative word they heard, every negative action they saw, somehow it all translates back to them as, "It's all My fault!'

Mommy is unhappy because of me.

Mommy and Daddy are fighting because of me.

I heard Daddy say, "He's leaving."

"If only I could do better...If only I could get better grades in school...They both love me, so the problem has to be me."

As a child, he or she is too young to know the difference between "fearful thinking" and true expression.

So they internalize, then they eventually start acting out; they cry.

Ishmael was crying, hungry, hurting and confused; slipping into depression unable to wrap his young mind  around it all... Why is it Isaac got to stay and he had to be the son to go???

Now, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but if you have children; consider the children..."Consider The Child."


I know the bible says:

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 1 Corin 13:11 NIV

But what if you're not a man or woman yet?..What if you are still a child and that way of talking, thinking, and reasoning associated with childhood is all you have.

Children shouldn't be expected to just put their childhood behind them.

They're counting on YOU being there AND STABLE enough to guide them through these confusing times.

That's all I'm saying....Think about it.

Until Next Sunday. 

LPS~ Love, Prophetess Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment